The iHome iP90 model will broadcast the sound of any iPhone (pre iPhone 5) or iPod to an impressive level. It plays your playlist clearly throughout the room and contains easy-to-use functions on the device. I have an old classic 8 GB iPod that I have continuously plugged into the iHome, which rests in the kitchen to entertain me while I’m cooking dinner or washing dishes. The iHome has built-in speakers and a remote controller for convenience. It also doubles as an alarm clock and a radio.
The iHome iP90 is inexpensive and does exactly what it’s supposed to do. I’ve depended on it to play my favorite tunes loudly and clearly for about 4 years now. The buttons on both the controller and the iHome itself are easy to use and respond to commands quickly. I know there are newer and more updated models of the iHome, but the iHome iP90 suits me just fine. If you purchase the iP90 model now you’ll be getting an incredible value for the low price. The dock rests right on the top and you simply plug your iPhone or iPod into it to play your music. It will play all of your favorite songs and playlists without any problems. Additionally, the iHome will broadcast internet music radio stations from your device, such as Pandora.
My iHome definitely fulfills its duties as a multifunctional iPod and iPhone speaker device. I rely on it to play the songs on my old 8 GB iPod while I’m getting the dishes done; my boyfriend enjoys hearing Pandora loudly while he cooks; and my daughter simply listens to the radio when she helps me do dishes.
Using headphones to hear your playlist or listening to it at a low level doesn’t really make hearing your favorite music enjoyable. The iHome iP90 presents many pros that anyone with an iPhone or iPod can appreciate.
- It’s light and durable. Though it rests in our kitchen 90% of the time, we’ve brought it along on vacations, day trips, and visits to other people’s homes. It’ll plug into any outlet without issues.
- One hit of a button will play your music instantaneously. I literally only use one button: the play and pause one.
- The volume can be very quiet or go up extremely loud to fill the room.
- Like I said before, it’s multifunctional. It includes an alarm clock, tells you the time, includes radio stations, and also charges your device every time you plug it into the dock.
- The sound quality is incredible. You won’t hear any static or fuzz when listening to your music.
- It’s a really nice tool to have for family get-togethers and house parties. It’s usually playing in the background when we have people over.
- I cannot figure out for the life of me how to change the time. It is an hour off thanks to daylight savings time and I’ve pressed all the buttons to try to switch it to the right time, and nothing is working. Although there might be a solution that I haven’t discovered yet, I still have complaints that it’s not an obvious, clear-as-day function.
- It must be plugged in to work. This isn’t a problem for me, but some users might consider it inconvenient if they want to bring it along in the car ride or anywhere that doesn’t have an outlet.
If you’ve got an iPod or iPhone, it’s time to invest in an iHome. I’m so glad I did, because it’s gone well beyond serving its purpose.
Latest posts by Christine McNassor (see all)
- Whirlpool WFC7500VW Washer (Front-loading) - January 28, 2014
- iHome iP90 Dual Alarm Clock Radio with iPhone/iPod Dock - January 26, 2014
- Morton Lite Salt Mixture - January 25, 2014