When it comes to video games, I’m not that hardcore gamer that sits in his basement and plays all day long. But growing up on Nintendo and Atari being in my house, video games are a good way for me to relax and spend the evening, along with watching a show or movie. So when I decided I wanted to get a new video game system to replace my current one, I wanted something that would not only provide the good video gaming that I’m used to, but also something that could also provide me a chance to stream television shows and movies, and even surf the internet while I’m in my living room. Looking around, the latest system available right now is the Nintendo Wii U. It has a bunch of classic Nintendo games I’ve came to love as a kid, but also has access to the internet, and to streaming television shows and movies.
What I found most interesting about the Wii U while checking it out in the store was the fact that the controller was also a small tablet-like system. Not only would it work in conjunction with what you saw on the television screen, but it’s also possible to play the games, and watch your shows completely on the gamepad itself. I found this feature absolutely fantastic. What is really great about this feature is that if you have someone that wants to watch cable television, stream a movie, or use the television for anything else, you can keep the Wii U on and continue to play your game, or watch your shows while the other person also enjoys their own entertainment.
Nintendo has always been known for having excellent video games, and the Nintendo Wii U is no different. Already, even though it was released just last year, the system already has a handful of great games that are updates of some classic Nintendo games. Being a new system, the graphics are pretty awesome, and seeing Mario and Luigi in high definition is something else.
- Nintendo has always been known for providing video games for everyone. From boys and girls, to grown ups, and grandparents. That is one of the great things about the Wii U. It’s for everyone.
- Most gaming systems have you sitting in a chair. Not the Wii U. It promotes you to get out of your chair, stand up, and be active while your playing your games. It even has an accessory and games that are geared to working out in front of your television.
- The system itself is small compared to other modern video game systems, and as such will fit a lot better in your entertainment system.
- There are loads of apps you can download for the system. From web browsing, to watching the weather, and even a really useful Google maps app.
- Although the Wii U has its fair share of mature video games, it doesn’t have as many as other systems out on the market.
- The gamepad is large, and little kids might have trouble with it playing games. But this can be remedied with the available Pro Controller, which is much smaller, and much lighter.
The Nintendo Wii U is a heck of a machine. What is most incredible about it is unlike any video game system on the market right now, is that it has a large tablet style touch screen right in the gamepad. This has to be used to be truly appreciated. Being able to play a video game, or stream a show while someone else watches their show, or even being able to switch to playing a game on the screen while you lay in bed is just really cool, and also very convenient. Overall the Wii U is a heck of a deal, and can provide a lot fun for almost any family member.