If you’re a piano player, then you already know how expensive real pianos can be. Your best hope for a decent piano is to inherit one from someone else. Since most of us aren’t that lucky, the next option is to go for a high quality keyboard. I’ve been dealing with an old and worn-out piano for a while now. It came to me second-hand, and it never seems to stay in tune. I decided that in order to continue my passion for playing tunes on the piano, I needed to purchase a good keyboard.
After doing some thorough research online, I found my answer: The Yamaha YPT-230 Digital Premium Portable Keyboard. I read through several helpful reviews, and the price seemed decent, so I decided to go for it. And I must say I was very satisfied with my purchase.
This keyboard is just about the closest thing to a real and legitimate piano. I was very impressed not only with the sound, but the number of functions included. The Yamaha YPT-230 keyboard keeps me busy and occupied with all of its amazing abilities. If you get bored with one function, you can just move on to the next. No tablet or SmartPhone can compete with this keyboard. The keyboard is also convenient in its structure; it comes with a stand so that you don’t have to bend over on the floor. I found that this device gave me hours of endless entertainment. Plus, I was able to practice my favorite songs as if it was a full-length piano.
So if you’re a fellow piano player and are thinking of buying this keyboard, you should familiarize yourself with some of the pros before purchasing. Since I get to experience the magic of the keyboard every day (and have for months now), I know all the features pretty well.
- What drew me to this keyboard at first was that it was the number one bestseller of all electronic keyboards. And there’s a good reason for it; the stereo part is huge and can magnify every note you play. Not only is it incredibly stylish in the way it’s designed, but it actually comes with 61 keys. A full size piano has 88 keys, so this keyboard is not too far off. It’s wide enough so that you won’t be crunching your fingers together when you play your songs.
- The keyboard comes with a stand, so I can sit on my piano bench and practice my music easily and conveniently. The portable keyboards that I remember from the 90’s did not usually come with stands, so I had to bend over and strain my back to play. The Yamaha YPT-230 Digital Premium Keyboard rests nicely on a stand so that I can relax while playing my music.
- The best feature of all is definitely the different functions and instruments. This keyboard has 100 accompaniment styles, 102 built-in songs, 13 drum kits, and more. There are plenty of instruments to pick from to play whatever song you’d like, along with a numbered list to choose your instrument option. The volume goes up very loudly, so you can play to your heart’s desire (as long as there aren’t other people around).
- The keyboard is also equipped with a music stand, just like a regular piano. I found this very beneficial for placing my music on while I was playing.
- The stand that comes with the Yamaha YPT-230 is not very sturdy. It doesn’t attach to the keyboard or anything; so the keyboard just rests on top of it. I found sometimes when I was playing hard-core songs with a lot of movement that the keyboard started slightly slipping off. This is one factor to watch out for when you purchase this keyboard.
- The plug-in cord is not very lengthy. The keyboard basically has to sit as close to any outlet as possible, or the cord will not reach the outlet.
For piano players, finding a decent keyboard with the likeness of a piano is crucial. I found that the Yamaha YPT-230 Digital Premium Portable Keyboard was very similar to a real piano and had amazing features that kept me occupied for hours.
Latest posts by Christine McNassor (see all)
- Whirlpool WFC7500VW Washer (Front-loading) - January 28, 2014
- iHome iP90 Dual Alarm Clock Radio with iPhone/iPod Dock - January 26, 2014
- Morton Lite Salt Mixture - January 25, 2014